twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

April 19, 2011

March.....really??

I don't know how March showed up so quickly but it's here which means...
  • Mum's birthday is Thursday (51 years young)
  • Media efforts ramp up at work to address the upcoming conference
  • And my workload is about it get ridiculous as all our programs seem to run during the same three month window.
Between our conference and two public education initiatives I'm busy enough but now we're starting to consider how we can use social media to help. We've now got a Twitter (@CdnDermatology) account which has a few followers but we're really just getting going and a Facebook fan page where we're going to be posting a lot of stuff (like videos, pictures, handouts) about our Sun Awareness Campaign and FREE skin cancer screenings. (Search "Canadian Dermatology Association" on facebook.)

We're also discussing a massive redesign of our website (www.dermatology.ca) which is going to be an insane amount of work.
                      SIDEBAR: If anyone knows of any good web design
                      companies in Ottawa, I welcome any and all suggestions.

But hopefully, they will give me a reasonable timeline to have the redesign done and can roll it out in phases rather than as one giant lump sum.

Hmm, I'm noticing that my blog posts of late aren't really all that tied to social media and have taken on more of a form of ranting diatribes. I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment