twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

April 19, 2011

FAMILY DAY LONG WEEKEND!!

Hurrah! A long weekend in February an extra day to help me survive the long cold winter in Ottawa!!

Going into the long weekend I didn't have any plans much more than to relax, catch up on some reading, maybe watch a movie and do some much needed laundry. But that all changed at 3:45pm on Friday.

Friday afternoon I get a text from a friend asking if I want to go see "Unknown" which of course I do because I have a great love for Liam Neeson. Great flick by the way, very good plot twists. Anyway, after the movie I tweeted my love for it and all things Liam Neeson. From which sprouted a random tweet-convo with a friend who lives/works in Los Angeles. He works in television and is writing a screenplay for a movie he and his friends hope to get made - a pipe dream really. @scott_towler, @barbarian_days)

Back to my story, a radio personality in Ottawa picks up on our little conversation and asks if I wanted to write a review of the movie for their website - do I!?!?! - and then asks if I'd be willing to see another couple movies and review them. Kind of a what to do during Family Day.

So Saturday I head out with the same friend, we see two more movies, eat wwwaaayyyy tooooo much popcorn and I write a couple of reviews. (The reviews haven't been posted yet but I'll look for the link, if I remember that is.) Then I nap.....ZzzZzzZzz....too much sitting and popcorn can make you pretty sleepy.

So the evening rolls around and I'm wide awake because of the lovely midday nap.  Post to facebook that I'm looking for things to do and end up playing a game of Where in the world is Katie (a take on Where in the world is Carmen San Diego) trying to meet up with friends via facebook and text.

I cave sign up for foursquare and see where they "checked in". A night of hilarity ensues following a mishap with some beer, a disco song and a drag queen.

Now Sunday afternoon rolls around, I crawl out of bed and make it all the way to the couch with a big bowl of cheerios. Watch re-runs of Will & Grace and veg. Immerging form the vegetative state to write a blog post, thankful that I still have Monday to do some reading, laundry and relaxing.

Love long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment