twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

February 17, 2011

Social Media Conference

The opportunity presented itself to attend a social media confernece at the end of March in Toronto and I'm jumping in head first. The conference is called Social Media, Networking and Technology Summit in case anyone is interested in checking it out as well; link.


The conference is being put on by the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) and it's all about how Associations can make use of social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc to most effectively engage people. It's going to be two days with fairly intensive knowledge transfer, which is going to include case studies about those who are doing in right and those who are failng miserably. I am hoping my organization doesn't pop up in the failing miserably category.

I think for the most part the conference will help me to build a social media strategy which will work even with my limited familiarity with most platforms. Hopefully, if I build a strategy that mirrors one that has proven to work it will, in a sense, buy me some time to learn the rest of my way around.

My boss has said that her vision for our association's strategy is to align ourselves favourably with a structure that is already working for a sister society but ultimately learn all we can to position ourselves ahead of the curve. My boss hopes to see us in the next coming years as the leaders in social media within the medical community. The group that all others look to.

To me these sound like fairly lofty goals, especially seeing as we are getting into the game on the later side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment