twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

January 20, 2011

The journey begins...

Welcome to Exploits in Social Media.

The purpose of this blog is for me to chronicle my exploration of the social media maze. Where this exploration will take me: I haven't a clue but, oddly, I'm willing to make the trip. Presently, I'm enrolled in a triad of social media encyclopedic courses, ultimately to help me decode the world of social media.

Over the past decade I have ever-so-slowly explored social media (SM). Slowly dipping in a toe to test the waters. I created a virtual "ME" on:
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • MySpace
  • Friendster
  • 43things
  • Blogger (obviously)
  • Brinkster
  • LinkedIn
  • ICQ
  • Picasa
  • Flickr
  • MSN Messenger
  • ....and way too many more.
But as with all things, some died out and some simply began to mimic others and were cast aside. However, recently, my work has decided that my SM level of comfort just isn't enough for where we are headed. And now I feel as though I'm perched precariously on the carnival bench waiting for someone to through the ball that will drop me into the freezing water below. Luckily, I know that water is only so deep and if I throw myself into it, in the end I'll come out on top.

So with my cypher of SM terms and a topographic map of sites tucked under my arm, I cross my fingers and canon ball in.

No comments:

Post a Comment